A brief update on Danny, a Dieffenbachia who lives in the foyer.

Back in October, here, I wrote about how Danny was developing flower buds. At the time, I noted that I was not optimistic about them actually developing and opening, because they had damage – brown tips – that I believed was sufficient to keep them from opening. The damage was caused by over or under watering, I’m not quite sure which because I frequently do both to this plant.

Despite my lack of positivity on the matter, I didn’t cut the buds off, just in case.

Fast forward several weeks, they’re definitely not going to open:

Good To Grow, Liza's plants, Danny a Dieffenbachia

Oh yeah, that’s not pretty.

Good To Grow, Liza's plants, Danny a Dieffenbachia

I can see the writing on the wall.

A couple of snips and a thorough hand washing later, Danny now looks like this:

Good To Grow, Liza's plants, Danny Dieffenbachia

Instead of new flowers, I’ll happily settle for a new leaf:

Good To Grow, Liza's plants, Danny Dieffenbachia

He’s in the corner, so he only gets direct sunlight in the early morning, then bright light the rest of the day. That’s perfect for him.

Now if I can just get his watering needs met in a more balanced way, maybe he’ll try blooming again.

I’ll be back manana, hope to see you here.

Advertisements